To prepare all practice staff to deal with critical illness, such as cardiac arrest, discussing priorities and teaching, practising and assessing skills as appropriate for the staff member, including initial assessment, airway clearance, basic and advanced life support skills, in line with ARC recommendations.
Topics covered include:
- Principles of Identifying an Emergency.
- Initial Assessment Skills in a crisis
- Management of Airway Obstruction
- Age related emergency issues
- BLS and ALS skills-theory, practise and competency testing
- Scope of Practice Issues and Legal issues